Copyright 2013 by Trish Causey. All Rights Reserved.
Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that your body must have but cannot produce on its own, so we have to get it from our food. Omega-3′s are required by the brain for proper cognitive function, and recent research is starting to link Omega-3 deficiency and Alzheimer’s. Omega-3′s are also shown to lower blood pressure in hypertensive patients and decrease internal inflammation that affects joints and organs. Plus, Omega-3′s help with arthritis, depression, and mood swings.
What does that mean for orgasms? Proper blood circulation is required for erections (in men and women), and of course, nothing works if the bowling ball on your shoulders isn’t working to keep all your bits and pieces functioning in top form.
I still take fish oil for Omega-3′s, but I’ve started incorporating this drink into my morning regimen. When I first go into the kitchen, I start this and let it sit while I’m making breakfast and yelling at the child to get up and get ready for school.
While there is a debate whether the fish oil source of Omega-3′s is better than the plant-source, chia seeds are a great vegan option for getting your essential Omega-3′s.
The recipe below is based on a drink I saw online on Dr Oz’s website, but I like mine better.
The almond milk is simply the carrier of the chia seeds. Also, almond milk is non-dairy, which makes it groovy for vegans. At only 40 calories per cup, almond milk doesn’t have the calories, fat, or sugar content of milk. This unsweetened “original” formula, Almond Breeze, by Blue Diamond has the fewest number of additive ingredients than others on the market. Of course, you can make your own almond milk, but I haven’t gone that far… yet…
These are actual Chia Seeds — if you remember the TV commercials for the tiny green ground-cover plant on clay figurines with the voice-over singers chanting, “Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia!” … yes… those chia seeds.
Chia Seeds are the best kept secret in the Omega-3 world, as far as I’m concerned. While flaxseed is more famous, chia seeds have more Omega-3′s than flax, in a better ratio to the unfavorable Omega-6, and taste much better than flaxseed, to me. Unlike flaxseeds which cannot be digested whole by the body, chia seeds can be eaten whole. Two tablespoons of whole chia seeds provides 2,500 mg Omega-3, 6g dietary fiber, and 2g protein.
I use powdered stevia to sweeten the drink because I don’t want to use sugar. Stevia is an herb, and teaspoon to teaspoon, stevia is 600 times sweeter than sugar. The vanilla is to help the overall flavor of the drink, especially if you’re using the chia seed meal (pre-ground chia seeds) as I am right now — I grabbed the wrong bag at the health store, not realizing the ground seeds were right next to the whole chia seeds. (Grrrrrrrrrr….)
Almond Milk & Chia Seed Vegan Drink for Omega-3′s
1 Cup almond milk
2 Tablespoons chia seeds (2.5 Tablespoons if using ground chia seeds)
1/4 teaspoon real vanilla extract
1 to 2 stevia packets, optional
2 Tablespoons freshly puréed fruit, optional
In a small glass, stir almond milk and chia seeds together and allow to sit on the counter for 15 minutes, or until the milk becomes slightly thickened by the chia seeds. Add the vanilla and the stevia packet(s) if you want to sweeten it. You can also add any freshly puréed fruit, such as strawberries or oranges, etc. Stir and drink.
Aloe Cadabra is an all-natural lubricant, made with 95% organic aloe vera and 5% other stuff that is safe and also edible. After having numerous problems with two different K-Y products, I surfed the net for lubricants that would meet my standards, and this one has.
- The product itself is a healthy and safe product, not only for the exterior of the body but pH balanced for the interior of the vagina (a unique ecosystem that must maintain an acidic pH around 3.8 to 4.5).
- It is edible… though that is not something I would need to know, others might.
- It is a thick gel so it will stay where it is put till you can put the cap on and get back to your genital yoga.
- It comes in 3 flavors – Natural Aloe, Tahitian Vanilla, and Lavender.
- The product has a nice hand feel to it. It is not greasy, slimy, or messy.
- It doesn’t take much. I use a 2-3 dots of the lube on my toy before insertion. (I don’t use any lube for hands only play, just for insertibles.) More than that feels like I’ve used too much and lose contact with my skin and texture inside.
- This lube is safe for condoms, which is an important factor in safe-sex practices.
- The company seems like a small but well-run operation. The product shipped very quickly. And the shipping was free (to a USA address)…. However, you CAN buy it via Amazon, but only in multi-packs. I didn’t want to invest in several bottles until I knew if I liked it, so I bought 1 tube directly from the company for $9.95 USD and free shipping.
- And they gave me a special offer, that as a new customer, if I buy two (any flavor), I get one free (any flavor). So this would cost $19.90 whereas their regular 3-pack costs $29.95.
- The product itself is on the small side – only 2.5 ounces… though, the PRO side to this is that it fits comfortably in smaller hands.
- Scented products should NEVER be used INSIDE the vagina (oils, lubes, tampons, etc.), so buying flavors other than the Natural Aloe would be a waste of money (unless you can be sure you won’t get any flavored product in the vagina, or you will use it anally).
- Because it is a natural product and not greasy or slimy, you may need to re-apply during your play session. Each time I’ve used it, I have reapplied once during a session. But because the product is thick, I can leave the top off the first time I use it for faster reapplication on the 2nd without ruining the “mood.”
I really do like the product and will keep buying Aloe Cadabra’s Natural Aloe.