I just got this book, Yoni Massage: Awakening Female Sexual Energy, and overall I really liked the information, the layout, and the readability of Reidl’s work. I especially liked the interviews she included. *** For men, check out her book, Lingam Massage: Awakening Male Sexual Energy. ***
“Yoni” is the Sanskrit word for the vulva and vagina area. Yoni puja is an ancient practice of worshiping the Yoni, usually by men, who understand that within woman lie most if not all the mysteries of life.
For the ADVANCED Yoni devotee:
I bought this book hoping to find some advanced techniques or esoteric pearls of clandestine, archaic knowledge lost to the passages of time (due to the Westernization of the world). However, this book has a good deal of what I’ve read in other books and online, so, I didn’t learn anything new (with one caveat noted below).
Another downside to this book and similar books on the Western market, is that the author’s tone to the reader assumes that the reader is unsure about the practice or has hesitations (psychological, religious, social, et al). And while these are legitimate reasons people might not be sure they want to try the Eastern-influenced yoni massage, I’m tired of almost all the books available having this same attitude. For once, I’d like a book on Tantra, sex, fingering, positions — whatever! — be written FOR a reader who wholeheartedly (and whole-bodily!) embraces sexuality and the immense possibility of incredible orgasms using various techniques from multiple modalities…. (This is why I’m writing my own book🙂
One thing I did learn was a name for the intense orgasm I experienced and described and that I described in hindsight after reading Yoni Massage… It is called a uterine orgasm. And while I’ve had and heard of cervical orgasms, learning there was a name for that doubled-over, intensely emotional reaction to orgasm was a good thing… it helped me know that if I experience it again, it is normal for that kind of sex.
For the NEWBIE to Yoni worship:
Yoni Massage: Awakening Female Sexual Energy is a great book, and it is so much more than just fingering techniques. If you’re really new to this subject (Tantra-based vulva/vagina worship), this is a good book to start with at only 176 pages.
While many books focus on the clit OR the prostate, Riedl genuinely loves the entire yoni, and that is definitely female empowering! Rather than work the clit (which gets old and can start to hurt), Riedl presents the Tantra finger positions that explore all the zones inside the vagina, with special notes on using multiple fingers (3 and even 4) as well as a brief paragraph on fisting.
The clit is not ignored, of course, but the clit is just one part of the yoni, one part of the female sexual organ system. The clit is not the beginning nor the end of female orgasm; the clitoris is one important part in a complex of important parts, the sum of which being the yoni, female sexuality, and the expanse of orgasms that women are capable of experiencing.
REASONS to Buy This Book:
- Great information on anatomy, even the anatomy of the egg, sperm, and fetus at various stages of development (in regard to the production of the sex organs)
- Numerous photographs of actual finger positions (yes, “money shots”)
- Detailed illustrations on the anatomy of the female sex organs, from resting state to aroused state (YES, the clitoris gets erect, too!)
- Numerous interviews with women on whom Riedl does the yoni massage, and they explain what they felt physically, emotionally, and even psychologically during and after.
- Female-Female focus and interviews, THOUGH the receivers tend to be “hetero” women looking to find out more about themselves so they can enjoy sex more with their husbands/partners… (makes you wonder why the husbands aren’t Googling “yoni massage” and learning a few things to try so the wives don’t have to get all yoni’d up by another woman?!)…
- It’s only 176 pages…
REASONS NOT to Buy This Book:
- It’s only 176 pages…
- You’re a yogi master in India.
- You have a doctorate in female anatomy and its uses for orgasm.
- You already bought it but forgot you had it…. (or I am the only one who does stuff like that?)
Though I didn’t learn much, I’m not sorry I bought it; I’ll just keep it on the shelf for reference later. If YOU are new to all this, then by all means, GET Yoni Massage: Awakening Female Sexual Energy!
Agree or disagree? If you’ve gotten the book, please leave your opinion of it in the comment section below!
Visit the Aroused Woman website!